This is a gesture recognition platform using sound processing. The goal of this project was to have IOT lights identify when a phone was gestured towards them while holding a phone.
To identify when a phone is gestured towards a particular device:
- We start playing a ping(linear chirp to be specific) at regular intervals on a phone
- All IOT lights in the room start listening
- The user then extends their arm in the direction of the light they wish to turn on
- The lights each identify how many meters the phone moved in their direction using the offset in the expected ping arrival times
- The light with the greatest gesture distance towards it turns on